Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, you tiao / chinese donut / cakwe [vegan-friendly]. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook you tiao / chinese donut / cakwe [vegan-friendly] using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]:
- Get 260 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Take 10 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- Make ready 1.25 g (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- Make ready 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt
- Prepare 8 g (2 tsp) granulated white sugar
- Get 10 ml (2 tsp) flavorless vegetable oil/cooking oil
- Make ready 150 ml (1/2 cup) + 2 tbsp) water
Instructions to make You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]:
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then make a well in the center.
- Add oil and water into the center. Using a wooden spoon or chopstick, stir everything to combine thoroughly.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, start kneading with your hand for about 1 minute. The dough will be a little dry, but it should form a ball.
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap or damp cloth. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough for another 5 minutes. Then coat the ball of dough with cooking oil so it does not dry out. Cover again and let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or in the fridge overnight.
- If you stored it overnight, leave it out on the counter for 1-2 hours until it gets to room temperature. Then transfer it onto a lightly floured surface.
- Flour your hands and the dough if it feels sticky. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Then roll each to a long log.
- With a rolling pin, flatten each log into a rectangle of about ¼-inch thick.
- With a knife or bench scraper, cut them into ¾-inch wide strips.
- Preheat enough cooking oil in a pot or deep skillet to 400°F or 200°C.
- Place one identical dough strip over another. Lightly flour them if sticky. Then use a wooden skewer or thin chopstick to press down the middle lengthwise. With one good press, it should be to make an indentation on both sides of the dough.
- When the oil is ready, gently pull the two ends of each piece to stretch it to about 4 times its original length. Place in the oil and start turning it around with tongs or a chopstick after 3 seconds. This constant turning will allow the dough to puff easily and evenly. Fry until it is golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest and remember to cover any uncooked dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap so it does not dry out.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food you tiao / chinese donut / cakwe [vegan-friendly] recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com