Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, super simple congee (chinese rice porridge). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Congee is Chinese rice porridge, which can be served plain, sweet, or savory. Here are three ways to cook this classic dish. Congee has been a staple in Chinese diets for centuries, and it has played an integral role in traditional Chinese medicine.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook super simple congee (chinese rice porridge) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge):
- Take jasmine rice
- Get water
- Take oxo cube
- Make ready Spring onion
- Prepare spam (half a small can of spam)
- Make ready Pepper (optional)
- Make ready Magi (optional)
Congee can directly be served as a meal with other stir-fry dishes in summer days. We usually eat congee across the summer. But sometimes we add other grains and. This simple congee rice porridge recipe is made from chicken stock, rice and fresh ginger.
Instructions to make Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge):
- Put the rice, water and crush an oxo stock cube into a sauce pan and heat it up.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- While the main congee is cooking, you can chop the spring onion and cut the spam into small logs.
- Fry up the spam in a separate frying pan. You don’t have to have spam, you can use any other meat that you’d like.
- After about 20-30 minutes of simmering the rice. It should have expanded and taken up more space in the sauce pan. The longer you leave it, the less watery it’ll look. When it gets to your desired consistency, you can ladle some out, add pepper, Magi spicy soy sauce, spring onion and the fried spam and it’s ready to eat.
- When you go back for seconds, or have left it for the next meal, the rice will more than likely expand even more. You can add a little more water to loosen it up and heat it up again.
Dress up this classic white rice porridge with your favorite savory toppings like bacon, chinese sausage or onions. This silky, savory rice porridge is an everyday breakfast in China — and indeed At its heart, congee is an ultra-simple dish. Simmer a small amount of rice in a large amount of Tanumihardja says, “Chicken congee is the Chinese equivalent of chicken noodle soup, cooked. This Chinese rice porridge is a popular recipe often served for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. It is often served with Chinese crullers (youtiao, 油條), or fried sticks of dough (somewhat resembling Spanish churros sans sugar and cinnamon) that are dipped into the congee.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food super simple congee (chinese rice porridge) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com