Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, eggplant gratin. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese Nutritional Information. Summer zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes, beautifully presented in a baked casserole gratin. › Zucchini, Eggplant, Tomato Gratin. Tender slices of eggplant, layers of tomatoes and chunks of tangy goat cheese are a quick and easy side dish Eggplant Gratin.
Eggplant Gratin is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Eggplant Gratin is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook eggplant gratin using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Eggplant Gratin:
- Make ready 1 large eggplant
- Get 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare 1 cup marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search
- Take 12 slices pepperoni
- Get 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use
- Make ready 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning spice blend
- Get 1 large egg
- Get 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as franks brand
- Get 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare 3 green onions, sliced
- Make ready 1/2 cup italian four cheese blend, shredded
- Take 1/4 cup heavy cream
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl add eggplant and zucchini. Eggplant dishes are usually heartier than other vegetable based recipes. Eggplant is a common substitute for meat dishes and adds some bulk to this gratin.
Steps to make Eggplant Gratin:
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling
Like zucchini, it has a distinctive taste. Eggplant Gratin recipe: The skin of eggplant contains an Coat eggplant with shallots with lard and season with S&P. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere cheese and baked until. This gratin is loaded with vegetables and relatively low in fat.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food eggplant gratin recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com