Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, oyako don – chicken and egg bowl -. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Oyako Don – Chicken and Egg Bowl – is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Oyako Don – Chicken and Egg Bowl – is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Oyakodon is cooked in one pan where onions, chicken, and egg are simmered in an umami-rich dashi-based sauce. It is then poured over a bowl of fluffy steamed rice. Japanese comfort food, Oyakodon is chicken meat and beaten eggs, simmered in a sweet and savory stock, and eaten over cooked rice in a bowl.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have oyako don – chicken and egg bowl – using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Oyako Don – Chicken and Egg Bowl -:
- Get 600 g Chicken thigh fillets
- Make ready 6 Eggs
- Prepare 1 Onion
- Prepare 1 sheet Nori(dried seaweed for sushi)
- Prepare 4 tbps Soy Sauce*
- Make ready 4 tbsp Mirin*
- Get 2 tbsp Sake*
- Make ready 2 tbsp Sugar*
- Take 300 ml Dashi broth (water + 1.5 tsp of Dashi powder is fine)*
- Get 600-800 g Cooked rice
Oyako literally means parents and children in Japanese and is a reference to two of the dish’s main ingredients: chicken and egg. Oyako is a donburi, also called a don, which means rice bowl. The chicken and eggs are simmered in a flavorful broth and then the mixture is spooned over bowls of. Break the eggs into bowl but separate one egg york and gently whisk.
Instructions to make Oyako Don – Chicken and Egg Bowl -:
- Chop the chicken in to bite size (3cm square). Cut the onion in half, then slice them in 1cm width.
- Mix all the ingredients marked with * (soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar and dashi) in a flying pan.
- Add the sliced onions in the pan and cook in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Mix all the eggs in a bowl and pour two third of it into the pan.
- Place the lid and simmer in low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the egg and finish up in mid heat for 30- 50 seconds. Do not over cook the eggs.
- Set the rice in a bowl and scoop the chicken & egg on top. Don’t forget the soup too! – Scatter some nori on top.
Once the chicken is cooked, pour the egg (with egg white) over the chicken and onion leave it until the egg is cooked. Beat your eggs in a bowl, then pour into the pan and let it cook for a few minutes. Homepage > Recipes > Egg Recipes > Oyakodon Recipe (Chicken and Egg Bowl with Soft and Silky Texture Topped with Extra Egg Yolk). In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Together, oyakodon simply means “parent and child rice bowl”.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food oyako don – chicken and egg bowl – recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com