Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, slow cooker sausage stuffing/dressing. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Delight Your Taste Buds with Kraft® Easy-To-Cook, Tasty Stuffing Recipes. This is very similar to the way I make stuffing, but I use pre-cooked turkey breakfast sausage, chopped, instead of the bulk sausage, and I use poultry seasoning instead of just the sage. Averie, I have made the slow cooker dressing three times since Thanksgiving and each time I get great reviews.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook slow cooker sausage stuffing/dressing using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing:
- Take 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- Make ready 1 (12-16 oz) bag of stuffing cubes
- Get 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make ready 1 cup dried cranberries
- Make ready 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Get 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- Take 2 tablespoon no/reduce salt butter, melted
- Make ready 2-4 cups reduce/no salt chicken broth
Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly to combine. This classic stuffing, flavored with sage and pork sausage, comes out extra moist when cooked in the slow cooker. Why It Works Fresh sage and sage sausage add plenty of flavor to the base. This is an easy way to make ‘extra’ stuffing for a large crowd, saving stove space because it cooks in a slow cooker.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing:
- Remove sausages from their casings. Heat up sausage in a skillet. As it is browning, break it up with a fork. Once browned, put it to the side.
- Spray the slow cooker or, better yet, put in a liner. You will thank me later.
- In large bowl mix the stuffing cubes with dried cranberries, sausage, ground black pepper, onion & garlic powder, poultry seasoning, ground sage, and then finally the crushed rosemary & thyme.
- Pour the butter on top, then stir together. Next, add the chicken broth until you get the moisture that you desire. For me, it took 3 cups of broth.
- Cook on low for 2- 3 hours. Check after 2 hours, then every half hour after that. Stirring as you check it out. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get it the way that I like it.
This sausage produces hardly any grease. If you get a lot of grease from your sausage, you’ll want to drain the excess after cooking. Depending on the shape of your crock pot, the time may vary. Here’s how to make a delicious slow cooker stuffing, and a few things in mind when preparing this stuffing recipe.. Use the sausage fat and half the amount of butter called for in the recipe to.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food slow cooker sausage stuffing/dressing recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com