Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, cheese puffs (gougeres). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cheese Puffs (Gougeres) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Cheese Puffs (Gougeres) is something which I have loved my whole life.
Find Deals on Gibbles Cheese Puffs in Snack Food on Amazon. Gougeres are French cheese puffs made with a choux pastry and loaded with cheese. Gougere is my favorite recipe to bake when I crave for cheesy puffs.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cheese puffs (gougeres) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheese Puffs (Gougeres):
- Get 1/2 cup water
- Make ready 1/2 cup milk
- Take 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Prepare 6 tbsp butter, cubed
- Take 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Take 1 cup flour
- Take 4 eggs
- Prepare 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Get 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheddar
This packed-with-flavor version comes from one of my favorite new cookbooks of the season. These little cheese puffs are French in origin and are simply savoury choux pastry rounds/puffs/ bites flavoured with cheese (mainly Gruyère, Comté, or Emmental). They are perfect served at room temperature with wine as an appetizer or warmed as a first course. Unlike sweet cream puffs, gougeres utilize cheese and are served as appetizers.
Instructions to make Cheese Puffs (Gougeres):
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine water, milk, salt, butter, and cayenne in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Take pan off heat and add flour. Beat with a wooden spoon until blended. Place pan back on medium heat and mix vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove contents of pan to the bowl of a stand mixer and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time on medium speed. Add gruyere and beat until completely blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop, spoon dollops of dough onto a silicone cookie sheet. Grate parmesan cheese on top, pressing in gently.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until puffs have doubled in size and are golden brown. Makes 36 puffs.
When the dough bakes, the inside becomes somewhat hollow, very much like a cream puff, making it simple to fill. That’s because these cheese puff balls are made from the same pastry dough as cream puffs, a dough called pâte à choux. The difference between those two cheese puffs is the flour used, as well as the cheese. Pão de Queijo is made with tapioca flour and cured “Minas” cheese, or parmesan and mozzarella in my Americanized version, while my Gougeres are made with regular wheat flour and Gruyère. Remove from heat, add flour, and stir to combine.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food cheese puffs (gougeres) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com