Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicken katsu curry. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden. Katsu curry is just a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. I have used a store-bought block of Japanese curry roux which is commonly used in Japanese households.
Chicken Katsu Curry is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Katsu Curry is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken katsu curry using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Take 4 Chicken Katsu (Fried Chicken Cutlet)
- Get 4 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
- Make ready
- Get 1 Onion
- Prepare 1 Carrot
- Take 1 clove Garlic
- Take 1 small piece Ginger
- Prepare 2 tablespoons Oil
- Prepare 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- Get 3 tablespoons Plain Flour
- Get 550 ml Chicken Stock
- Take 1-2 tablespoons Mango Chutney
- Prepare Salt & Pepper
- Prepare *Note: You can replace Curry Powder and Flour with 90 to 100g Japanese Curry Roux blocks. If you use Curry Roux blocks, use Water instead of Chicken Stock
Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com’s katsu curry recipe. This popular Japanese chicken katsu curry is easy to make for a low-cost midweek meal. You can prepare the curry sauce in advance, and the strips of chicken are quick to coat and fry up into hot. An easy and authentic recipe for Chicken Katsu Curry which you can make at home from scratch.
Steps to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Finely chop up Onion, Carrot, Garlic and Ginger.
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan and cook vegetables. When vegetables are softened and slightly caramelised, add Curry Powder and Flour, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add Chicken Stock and Mango Chutney, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring regularly, until the mixture thickens. Season with Salt & Pepper to suit your taste.
- *Alternatively you can use Japanese Curry Roux blocks instead of Curry Powder and Flour. If you use Curry Roux blocks, use Water instead of Chicken Stock, OR Unsalted Chicken Stock.
- Cut Chicken Katsu (Chicken Cutlet) into bite size. Place Freshly Cooked Rice on a plate, then Chicken Katsu and Curry Sauce.
A quick and easy Chicken Katsu Curry recipe, from our authentic Japanese cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet. Not a big fan of pork or chicken? You can also enjoy Katsu Curry with shrimp or fish (See below).
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chicken katsu curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com