Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, salmon and sweet corn cakes. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
In large bowl, stir together salmon, corn, bell pepper, onion and garlic; stir in eggs. Stir in all remaining ingredients except flour and oil; gradually stir in flour. Set cakes aside, and keep warm.
Salmon and sweet corn cakes is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Salmon and sweet corn cakes is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook salmon and sweet corn cakes using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Salmon and sweet corn cakes:
- Prepare 2 potatoes, boiled, mashed and cooled
- Prepare 1 salmon fillet, cooked, cooled and flaked
- Prepare Half a small tin of sweet corn
- Prepare Parsley
- Get 1 egg, beaten
- Make ready Breadcrumbs
- Take to taste Salt
- Make ready Oil for frying
- Prepare If making hummus:
- Get Tin chickpeas, drained
- Prepare 1-2 cloves garlic
- Make ready Juice of 2 lemons (I like mine tangy)
- Prepare Good amount of olive oil
When the month of March rolls around, I always think about spring cleaning my kitchen. Coat salmon with herbs and place fillets on prepared baking sheet. Sweet potato, freshly cooked salmon, and seasonings are shaped into patties and pan-fried into crisp and tasty salmon cakes. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a silpat.
Instructions to make Salmon and sweet corn cakes:
- Mix mashed potatoes, salmon and sweet corn in a bowl
- Add beaten egg and parsley. Mix well. Divide mixture into 4 and roll in breadcrumbs. Leave in fridge for at least an hour
- Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry for about 3 mins on each side until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper
- If making hummus, whizz up ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Serve 🙂
Place salmon skin-side down, brush with olive oil and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Corn is not yet in season, so I used one can of shoepeg white corn (niblets) and the ratio to the rest of the relish was perfect. While corn cooked added green onions to shallot mixture, just to slightly wilt. Cooked the salmon in the oven with just salt and pepper, no oil needed. Very good, would make this again hands down.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food salmon and sweet corn cakes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com