Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, potato gratin. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Potato Gratin is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Potato Gratin is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. This Potato Gratin is the perfect simple side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners I mentioned how I decided to skip mashed potatoes altogether and make potato gratin instead, and. Gratin (French pronunciation: [ɡʁatɛ̃]) is a culinary technique in which an ingredient is topped with a browned crust, often using breadcrumbs, grated cheese, egg or butter.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook potato gratin using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Gratin:
- Prepare 3 potatoes
- Get 1 onion
- Get 2 Tbsp flour
- Prepare 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Get 200 ml milk
- Get salt and pepper
- Prepare 1 pinch garlic powder
- Make ready 3 Tbsp grated cheese
Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Move out the way, mashed potatoes. Of all the ways to make potatoes, au gratin may be our favorite. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Potato Gratin:
- Peel the potatoes and chop into 2cm slices. Put them into a pot of salted water and boil until the potatoes become soft.
- Slice the onion, and fry in a pan with olive oil until browned.
- To make the white sauce, put the margarine and flour into a pan on medium heat and stir until the mixture becomes sticky. Then add milk, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Continue to stir gently to avoid getting lumps in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Put the potatoes with the onions on a baking dish and pour on the white sauce. Finally add grated cheese on top. Bake for about 15 min or until the top has browned nicely.
Pour cream mixture over potatoes and cover dish tightly with foil. Bring to room temperature before broiling. Potato gratin is one of those dishes that is so simple to make, but the results are fantastic. A perfect gratin is thick, rich, and creamy with soft but intact potatoes and a decadent cheesy flavor. Potatoes au gratin is layers of thinly sliced spuds together with a creamy sauce and melted cheese.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food potato gratin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com