Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, sausage and yellow squash casserole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Now Choose From Multiple Easy & Delicious Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Sausage and Summer Squash Casserole is perfect side dish to serve at your holiday potluck, family reunion, or backyard bbq! The sausage is optional but to me it sets it apart from all other squash casseroles and I even eat it as a main dish!
Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sausage and yellow squash casserole using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole:
- Get yellow squash
- Make ready sausage
- Prepare cornflakes
- Prepare crushed butter crackers
- Take Pink Himalayan salt
- Make ready ground black pepper
- Make ready evaporated milk
- Get small diced onion
- Take large eggs
- Get crushed butter crackers
- Prepare crushed cornflakes
Note: If the casserole seems too dry you can add a little of your reserved water from your cooked squash. You can also substitute breakfast sausage for the Italian sausage if you prefer. Cover the squash mixture with remaining Cheddar cheese and crackers. How Long to Cook a Casserole.
Instructions to make Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole:
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash the squash
- Dice the onion and put in a pan with the sausage. Brown in the pan.
- Slice the squash and add to the sausage and onions
- Mix the milk, cheese, 1-1/2 cup crushed butter crackers, 1 cup cornflakes, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Add Milk mixture to the squash and sausage mixture.
- Add the rest of the crushed cornflakes and Butter crackers on top.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours when you take it out of the oven it should not jiggle. It will wriggle if it’s done. It should be firm but not soupy.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!
Remove the veggies to the plate with the sausage and cook the remaining zucchini and yellow squash. Salt it to taste as it cooks as well, then add the sausage and first batch of veggies back into the skillet. Stir in the soup and sour cream and combine it thoroughly. As the squash cooks, the tomatoes will begin to break down and create this amazing sauce, just enough to lightly coat the veggies and sausage. Once the squash is soft but still has some bite to it, remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food sausage and yellow squash casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com