Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, tofu and asparagus in teriyaki sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This crispy teriyaki tofu is better than takeout and easy enough for a weeknight dinner! Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a scrumptious vegan meal. Crispy tofu nuggets are baked (not fried!) and smothered in sticky sweet and savory teriyaki sauce.
Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook tofu and asparagus in teriyaki sauce using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce:
- Make ready Teriyaki sauce
- Take 0,5 Tbsp brown sugar
- Prepare 3,5 Tbsp soy sauce
- Get 4 Tbsp water
- Make ready 0,5 Tbsp sushi vinegar
- Prepare 2 Tbsp honey
- Make ready 1 tsp garlic
- Make ready 0,5 tsp sesame oil
- Get 1 tsp starch (+1 tsp water)
- Get Other
- Take 1 pc tofu
- Get 200 g baby asparagus
- Get 250 g rice
- Get 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Make ready Sesame seeds
This teriyaki tofu reipce makes delicious tofu with crispy edges that are tossed in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. First of all, drizzling the sauce over the tofu after they have been pan fried gives the tofu adequate flavor. Second, because of the sugar content in the sauce, marinated tofu will likely. Instead of teriyaki sauce, use ponzu sauce and sprinkle grated daikon and green onion.
Steps to make Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce:
- Whisk together low-sodium soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Bring mixture to a light boil over medium-high heat. Whisk together cornstarch with water, then add to sauce mixture in saucepan. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil 30 seconds – 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and saute until tender, about 4 – 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in skillet, add tofu. Cook on first side about 2 minutes then flip and cook on opposite side until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add in asparagus, pour in teriyaki sauce and toss everything to evenly coat. Serve warm over white or brown rice, garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Sprinkle shichimi togarashi (Japanese seven spice) for a kick. Flip tofu and shake the pan to evenly coat the sauce over the tofu. Sprinkle katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) before turning off the heat. Teriyaki Tofu. © Todd Porter & Diane Cu. The simple combination of crisped tofu and homemade teriyaki sauce gives a ton of flavor for minimal effort.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food tofu and asparagus in teriyaki sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com