Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, kurrat (leek stew). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Kurrat (leek stew) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Kurrat (leek stew) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Cooked w/out meat and served with bread and lemon, leek will definitely Add leeks to the meat and turn the heat down. Kurrat, or Egyptian leek (Arabic: كراث) (Allium ampeloprasum var Know your Kurrat – Origins. Egyptian Leek is Allium ampeloprasum Kurrat.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook kurrat (leek stew) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kurrat (leek stew):
- Get leeks
- Take minced beef
- Take chopped medium onion
- Take lemons
- Prepare ghee
- Get lebanese 7 spice
- Get ras el hanout
- Take salt and pepper
- Take chicken stock cube
- Make ready hot water
- Get butter ghee
Allium kurrat – Schweinf. ex K. Allium kurrat is a perennial member of the Allium genus in the family Alliaceae. Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Allium kurrat. Wikipedia Article About Kurrat on Wikipedia.
Instructions to make Kurrat (leek stew):
- Wash and trim the leeks then cut into 1/2to 3/4 inch pieces (both white and green pieces chopped)
- Sauté the chopped onion in the ghee and then add the mince and brown and add the salt and spices and mix together
- Add the leeks to the meat and mix and turn the geat down low add 1/4cup water and cover check every 10 to 15 mins until the leeks are tender and there is water at the bottom of the pot there should alway be a little water at the bottom for the leeks dont burn and u have a little juice and sauce at the bottom if its dry add sum extra water
- Leave on a low heat to cook for 1 hour and adjust salt and pepper and spices to your taste buds
- Onced cooked serve with arabic flat breads and lemon wedges
Kurrat or Egyptian Leek (Allium ampeloprasum var. kurrat) is grown in the Middle East for its leaves. It is closely related to Elephant Garlic and Leeks and is generally regarded as being in the same species. Very simple old maltese recipe maltese rustic dish , A casserole of leeks normally in white sauce or cream, , which I have changed slightly to be more. Kurrat is a leek-like plant grown mainly as a cut and come again leaf crop. It originated in Egypt and surrounding countries and most cultivation still takes place.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food kurrat (leek stew) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com