Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, teriyaki salmon onigiri (japanese rice cakes). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Teriyaki Salmon Onigiri (Japanese Rice Cakes) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Teriyaki Salmon Onigiri (Japanese Rice Cakes) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have teriyaki salmon onigiri (japanese rice cakes) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Teriyaki Salmon Onigiri (Japanese Rice Cakes):
- Prepare 250 g sushi rice
- Prepare 3 table spoons sushi rice seasoning
- Prepare 2 sheets sushi nori (roasted seaweed sheets)
- Get 2 salmon fillet portions
- Take 1 tablespoon honey
- Prepare 50 ml soy sauce
- Prepare Sesame seeds
- Get Chilli spice mix or a decorative seasoning of your choice
Instructions to make Teriyaki Salmon Onigiri (Japanese Rice Cakes):
- Prepare the sushi rice: Rinse the rice 3 or 4 times until the water runs clear. Add to a pan with 330ml of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and leave with lid on to steam for 20 minutes. Mix in a bowl with the sushi rice seasoning and stir lightly with a wooden spoon until it reaches somewhere near room temperature. Use a fan to speed this process up.
- Prepare the filling: Mix the honey, soy sauce and garlic powder together in a small bowl with a little hot water from a kettle. Gently pan-cook the salmon fillets for a couple of minutes, then add the teriyaki sauce. Gently flake the salmon as it cooks. The sauce should be reduced to a sticky reside that covers the salmon flakes.
- Wet your hands, then take a handful of the sushi rice and roll into a ball. Then form into a cup-shape and fill with some of the salmon. Push the edges of the cup together, adding a little more rice if needed so the salmon is completely covered. Then form into a shape of your choice – balls are good, but go for a traditional Japanese triangle/wedge shape for real authenticity.
- Take a sheet of sushi nori and place around the cake, leaving plenty of rice exposed. A single short strip of nori folded around the bottom of the cake is the easiest approach, or you can completely cover the bottom of the cake as shown in the photo – use a little water as ‘glue’ to make the nori stick.
- Sprinke the sesame seeds and some chilli powder on the exposed rice.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food teriyaki salmon onigiri (japanese rice cakes) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com